Thursday, December 3, 2009

Getting Raised Up

As I sit and think about some things that have been going on and the fact that I had a horrible migraine about 12-14 hours ago, I begin to feel that without God's wonderful love and compassion for me and all His children, I would definitely be nothing more than a mere, feeble individual, no better than a parasite feeding off of an unsuspecting host. I know though, that God is always there with me and all I have to do is and have faith that He will answer my prayers; I just have to believe and ask it in His name and it will be given to me. To some, that is extremely difficult to grasp.

We all have days where we think the whole world is against us and sometimes, there are people against us, people who become our enemies over their slanderous comments about us or our families. I remember I used to get very upset about thigs like that; things that would happen to me and I would lose something, whether an item or position to someone whom I never liked because of the way they treated me or my friends or my family. However, as I grew older, I came to understand that I let this stuff happen to me because I did not put God first... I did not ever ask for Him to help me in anyway. I always believed in God, don't get me wrong in that aspect, but I never really put Him first; I never really trusted for Him to take care of my needs and problems; I had very little faith if any at all and the more I think about it, I had no faith. Things did change as someone very dear to me, though I was unsure of how much that person meant to me at the time, I received the best advice I have ever been given when it related to my life and my faith. This person told me, "You have to put God first. It's in your priorities... You put God first and He will take care of the rest of your priorities; He will be involved. Put God first and then its up to you whether you put yourself or your family and then your job or career. If you do that, trust me," they said, "And life will be so much better and you will instantly feel better about the direction your life is going in." I heard this back in 2002 from a person whom I hold very dear in my life, though sometimes I may not show it nor do they believe it but rest assured, it is true. The person I speak of is my loving wife, Kassey. She has been there through everything... Through our ups and downs... The loving the irritation... The good and the bad... The best and the worst... She has been nothing but good to me and she has done a marvelous job keeping herself, me, our house, and our family together and united. She has been and continues to be a wonderful wife and mother and she is one fine cook if I must say so myself. I really appreciate all that she does but I know, even though she does all of this and makes me extremely happy, none of it is possible without God. He is the ultimate rock for us to stand on... With Him, Kassey is able to raise me up to where I can stand on mountains, where I can walk on stormy seas, where I can be strong... They make me more than I can be. I am proud to be a part of such a wonderful family and would take nothing in the world for them. I am grateful that she continues to stand by me while I am away and will be there for me when I get back home and I am ultimately thankful that God will always be there for me and for the vessel He sent us so that we may live forever in His Kingdom.

May God continue to bless those of you who take time to read this whenever I get one out and even those who do not. Thanks for stopping by and God bless you always.

William
http://whcobb.weebly.com/


VERSE(S):
But you, O LORD, have mercy on me; raise me up, that I may repay them.
I know that you are pleased with me, for my enemy does not triumph over me.
In my integrity you uphold me and set me in your presence forever.
Praise be to the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and Amen.

Psalm 41:10-13

Video:

1 comment:

  1. i added both your blogs to blogpromotiontips.com thanks for adding me to this blog add me to your other one as well. I was in Iraq in 1990/1991 the first iraq war. I was in the artillery and spent 10 months overthere so I know first hand how hard it can be to be away from your love ones. I am glad you have God watching over you your wife gave you words of wisdom to live by. I will pray for you and your family. It is better to walk with God than to walk alone. Psalms 71 is a verse that was passed onto me recently when I was troubled

    ReplyDelete