Thursday, April 23, 2009

My First Thoughts

Well, it has happened... I have now decided to blog a bit. About 6 or 7 months ago, I was doing some daily inspirations and received some wonderful feedback on them. Well, as I moved around from place to place doing various things for the United States Army, I became preoccupied with much of the minor things that I had to do that involved my Army commitment. As I sit here today, I think about commitment and what it means. I have often thought about what is my purpose and I think I have found one of those purposes and it is doing what I do in the Army. However, there is more with that... I believe that God has kept me in this occupation and career path for the purposes of spreading his word to as many soldiers, both lost and saved, as I possibly can. I have shared much hope and love with the new guys that I have come in contact with while being back at Fort Bragg, NC in the 82nd Airborne Division. A funny thing actually happened a few months ago and again a couple of weeks ago. I shared a couple of my favorite verses with some folks, one of which considered himself to be agnostic. I spoke with this one individual directly and more indirectly to the rest because I felt that God was having me speak more directly to him. The more I spoke with him and shared with him about God and what He has done for me and my family, especially when I made a commitment to listen more to His word and work for Him, the more this individual began to have a belief that God was real and he began to accept some of the scripture and truths. The truth of God has been shared through Jesus, the disciples, and the apostles; through our faith, God exists. "Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29



I pray daily that the lost will be found and saved because it is heartbreaking to believe that some have not been saved and others will not be saved. This is especially disheartening when there are those out there who believe, yet will not share the word with those who are lost because of what people may think of them. As I think of this, I think of the following passage: "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18... Remember to those of you who fall into this category, I was once this way, that you may be scorned by a person initially but they will think about it for at least a little bit and it may actually touch their heart... Also, Jesus, the Messiah and our savior was persecuted by those He came to save and through the hatred and abuse, made the ultimate sacrifice and gave His life so that we who believe in Him shall spend eternity in heaven with Him.



If Jesus did this for us, what then shall we do for Him?



Daily Verses

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16



God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21



If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. John 15:18



Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed. John 20:29

To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 1 Corinthians 9:22

DAILY VIDEO/MUSIC




May God bless each of you this day and in the future.



Search & Win

No comments:

Post a Comment